Is your writer lying on the floor after completing their latest book? Have you poked them but they haven’t moved?
Never fear! Another writer is here.
Reasons your writer needs the floor right now:
- They’ve been sitting in an uncomfortable chair, hunched over a keyboard, weeping quietly as they clutch their laptop… they just need something solid underneath them
- The floor doesn’t expect anything profound from them
- The floor is an empty space to match their empty brain
- They can watch the ceiling and let their non-thoughts drift away into nothingness
- They can press their face into the floor and cry; even better if there’s a carpet
- The exhilaration that comes with finishing a book? It comes after a good lying-on-the-floor-being-nothing sesh
- The floor will never read their book; the floor can’t read
- They’ve fallen asleep
Seriously, though. Writing books is hard. So is the floor.